Thursday, March 28, 2013

Almost but not quite...

It's time for another update... Prior to the New Year, I was able to reduce my hours to be able to stay home with the girls more.  With the reduced hours came an offset in finances by not needing to take them to the babysitter.  In recent days, we have needed to take them, and I'm reminded of how much more we need to manage current resources for those unexpected situations.  

We are able to put some money aside at times with our condo rent payments, but we still don't have our spending under control, so this is still an issue... Not to mention that I'm dreading tax-completion-time (if we end up owing of course :). 

The goal is to still make it so I can stay home when we have another child.  We just have a lot more progress to make.  I've been planning our bi-weekly meals, but the ones I do plan have ingredients I haven't needed before, specifically: chicken broth, unique meats (e.g. kielbasa), etc.  So, I think I just need to be more creative and find more recipes with common stuff while still making everyone else who has to eat it happy. :)  Couponing has helped at least one grocery trip a month.  

And so, I press on...

No comments:

Post a Comment